Desperately needing a break from panel beating, I have started the process of finishing the panels that I have repaired so far, the bodywork is without doubt the most labor intensive part of the restoration so there isn't a lot to show for a lot of work.

I'm using 2K black primer on the panels, and have sprayed them inside and out. The rear shroud is now permanently fixed to the frame, the black undercoat finish on the inside as original. The guards and doors will be removed later for color to be applied, the front and rear shrouds will be finished on the car.

I'm blocking back the undercoat using 400 grit wet and dry sandpaper (wet) on a large sanding block and will finish off with 600 grit before applying color.

Page 18